Tuesday, May 06, 2008

...Quite Contrary!

I finally recognise the thought which has been nagging me as I write and save every draft without publishing it for months now. A small voice in my head, keeps on reminding me that whatever I publish shall be read by others and inevitably be judged too. No one likes being assessed by a stranger (as far as my experience with human beings go!). We strive to minimise human errors through technology forgetting that errors help us evolve. One hates being judged unfavourably.

But how can you experience the intensity of pain from a wound without ever having hurt yourself!

Failures keep us going...going towards achieving success; quite contrary!

A regular day at work changes when a deal is won or lost. Without these two extremes life goes on as usual. But it is not the 'usual' which makes you look forward to another day of toil (Even failure is preceded by struggle!).

If I am branded a failure in your judgement I would struggle to write better (even if we never meet, never know each other). Such is the contrariness of achievement!

3 comments:

Ananth said...

Too True the below one .. Posted something on this a while ago .. Check out when free

But how can you experience the intensity of pain from a wound without ever having hurt yourself!

Anonymous said...

Amm :) can actually see the expression on your face as you must have typed this, that said I hope everyone's reading the post ;)

Anonymous said...

"If I am branded a failure in your judgement I would struggle to write better"
beleive me,this one line got me thinking.... which is not quiet often ... was wondering if it was a typing error .. if you had suddenly swirled away from the topic ... its quiet amazing,how when you are left surprised,you end up trying to find loopholes in other people's efforts rather than question your own judgement .. and i guess that is exactly what kept me thinking for so long ...
anyways .. then i read the last line and realized .. "Such is the contrariness of achievement!" or rather JUDGEMENT in my case :) ... all in all , an amazing write ..
Thanks and Regards.