Thursday, April 19, 2007

I wake up with an urge to fly,
But a lowly being, I walk.
Mind implores heart to listen
When all it does is talk.

A burden on my soul I must drag;
An glassless window’s view blocked.
The door to my past lies open, ajar,
When I was sure to have it locked

Would I ever be asked to give up
This one moment I hold so close?
Would I then feel sorry?
No, I shall repent no more…

To maker I wish to thank and pray,
But all through my life I lied.
I faced this life with intention to frown;
I couldn't help but smile.

I faced my world willing to laugh;
Out loud it made me cry!
I face myself struggling to live,
When every moment I die…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

do we have the right to carry this burden??Can't we just be selfish for once,do something because it makes us feel happy,without thinking about its implictions.Don't we owe that to ourselves??